Give Grandly Coalition
The Give Grandly Coalition is a community of over 60 nonprofit representatives in southwestern New Mexico, fiscally sponsored by the Grant County Community Foundation. The purpose of the Coalition is to support charitable, educational, environmental, artistic and scientific nonprofits in the four-county region of Grant, Luna, Hidalgo and Catron counties. Participating organizations plan and execute a yearly communal fundraiser, Give Grandly, that has raised over $1.4 million for area nonprofits over the last nine years.
Grant County Community Foundation
The Grant County Community Foundation (GCCF) is dedicated to the vision of a shared and vibrant community. Its mission is to enrich lives through collective action in southwest New Mexico. This mission is expressed through the following:
- Building a culture of philanthropy in Grant County by encouraging charitable giving from individuals, families, organizations and business.
- Making grants to advance local non-profits and their missions.
- Stewarding donor funds and legacies to ensure sustainability.
GCCF has sponsored Give Grandly since 2014, and been instrumental in making sure that all the monies collected go directly, and at 100% to the participating nonprofits.
For more information please contact Bernadette Smyth, Executive Director at (575) 956-6095 or visit: www.grantcountycommunityfoundation.org
A little bit about Community FoundationsCommunity foundations are as unique as the places they serve. From New York to Los Angeles, Silver City to Alamogordo, citizens are concerned about the sustainability of the lifestyle where they live. Community foundations help citizens build assets for their communities' futures by:
- Encouraging local philanthropy
- Assessing and responding to community needs
- Providing flexibility and efficiency for donors with varied interests and giving capacities
- Serving as a resource and a catalyst for other nonprofit organizations
Community foundations allow donors to make tax deductible charitable gifts and estate bequests while retaining the highest possible amount of flexibility and effectiveness. They guarantee the donor that their interests will be served in perpetuity. They serve the financial needs of both donors and the charities they choose as partners. Whether it is through a planned giving program, raising money during campaigns, or generating grants in accordance with donor wishes, Community foundations marry the needs of the community with the funding available.